Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Today, I Blog

Today, this blog is officially revived. I don't have any idea yet on what I am going to write about.. I might as well start writing about random thoughts. For three years, my lips were sealed, my fingers were constraint not to type. For no known reason, I stopped blogging. Though I still post some tidbits of thoughts in my Facebook wall, but that's it. I didn't have any other outlet.

Some thoughts need to be aired out.

-----

Paulo Coelho said "Decisions are only the beginning of something. When someone makes a decision he is, in fact, plunging into a powerful current that carries him to a place he had never even dreamed of when he made that initial decision."

The decision to revive this blog is not an easy one. Aside from remembering my account information [in order to reset my password], I didn't have the guts to write until one of my students asked me what my blog address is.

I have been constantly reminding my students to read and write, to know the world by whatever means they can, to go out from their comfort zone, to ask questions and look for answers, to continue becoming a human (rational, social and senseful). But I didn't realize that it was I who was trapped in my solitude. I get contented with writing few lines. Somehow, this attitude has to stop.

Thoughts about anything and nothing in particular have been contained in my head. (If Descartes is alive today, he would probably scold me for saying that my mind is in my head.) Anyway, my thoughts are priceless -- they are meaningful products of so many influences from the philosophers and thinkers I admire or even from the people I hate. My thoughts reflect who I am and who I will become someday. They manifest the principles and wisdom that I value. It would be so selfish of me not to share my thoughts (and myself) to the world. "I am in this world," as Martin Heiddeger once said. The space and time that I occupy cannot be separted from this world. I am here.. and I have to make my existence known.

So from this day onward, I will blog. InshaAllah!

No comments: